Friday, June 01, 2007

my project this week

Neil's mom offered to let the boys stay at their house this week. Of course we said, "yes!" Then I said to Neil, "What project can we get done this week?" Neil let out a sigh, and said "How about nothing." Which I interpreted as, "It does not really matter what I say, does it?" "WE" decided we would redecorate Mark's room and it would become the boys room! We have to do some pre-baby shifting, you know! Here are the results!




It is a camping/outdoor activity theme. I even made a tent to go in the room too, but it turned out way too big to fit in the room with all the furniture! I am working on a plan B for a tent, maybe a window treatment type tent or one over each bunk bed. The bummer is I have one already made that I can't use! So sad! Well, I think it turned out really great! The boys come home tomorrow and I can't wait for them to see it! The boys have been practicing sleeping in the same room while at mom-mom's. The only difference is that we took down Mark's crib so it will be his first night in a big bed! Wish us luck!


My last project before that was a bag for Kim. It is like no bag I have ever made. I think it turned out pretty cool too! (If you live near us, you have probably seen it, or will see it soon when baby Oliver makes his debut at church. The pic is for you out of towners, I guess!)

6 comments:

Gina said...

I am whole-heartedly impressed with the bag!! Sure beats the curtains on my to-do list!

Anonymous said...

Cute room! Kaden has a bed just like that and sleeps on the bottom, we took the ladder away so he couldn't break an arm or something! He transitioned great! You are so talented, unlike me!

heather said...

The room looks awesome! I'm glad you posted pics after hearing about your plans for it last weekend.

Noe Family said...

I love the bunk bed!! And the diaper bag...oh my gosh! Unbelievable.

Steve said...

Jeny,

You never cease to amaze me! That room is awesome, and the bag looks like a designer bag! All that and pregnant! You really are amazing! :) Cheryl

Eric Clay said...

Where did you find the fabric for the diaper bag? It's SO cute!
Melissa