Monday, January 21, 2008

monday night at the roberts

Have you ever had one of these nights!

Neil and I are both working on projects and kind of trying to share the kid responsibilities today. We both feel like the other gets more "work" time. To take a break, I get on the computer to blog stalk. Neil is holding Megan and the boys are playing with a bookshelf. You see, Mark likes to rearrange our furniture. Neither adult is paying attention. Mark starts saying, "It's a bath tub. It's a bath tub. It is time to take a bath." I look over and the book shelf is on its side and Mark is climbing in to sit between the shelves - buck naked! Yes folks, totally in the nude! Somehow two adults missed this kid stripping down to absolutely nothing! He thinks the shelf is a tub and is sitting in the middle of the floor pretending to bathe. I am sitting here typing as he is playing beside me on the floor, still naked! Neil said he is glad the house is warm enough for him to be naked! He also said he should not sit on the carpet too much or his butt will start itching! Mark has gone through several "costume" changes. He went and got a king robe from the dress up box and came running in flashing us! Next he got a superman cape and, well, you can picture that too! I really wish I could take some pictures or video but I know that would just be so wrong! Neil and I were about to cry from laughing so much! Well, now I must go and try to talk him into getting dressed again!

3 comments:

heather said...

Thanks for the laugh! I loved the part about carpet making your butt itch!

Mindy said...

That's hilarious. Sounds alot like life around here. Cayden changes costumes a million times a day. When he was younger, he loved to run around naked. These days he at least has the courtesy to wear underwear. Thanks for the story - cracks me up!

Gina said...

Sounds familiar
Courtney has been stripping at school