Tuesday, January 29, 2008

thumb sucker!


Here is Megan's new trick! Now she sleeps pretty well, when she remembers how to get that thumb into her mouth. Don't think that I have not tried to help her find it a few times! You have to be tricky, though. She gets mad when you grab her hand and try to make her put it in her mouth.



A little update on our sweet girl. She is now 4 months old. She weighs 14 lbs. She was sleeping through the night until she got another cough and now she wakes up about twice a night coughing and choking, so I feed her to give her something to wash down the flegm. Pretty gross huh? She loves to laugh and smile. She grabs at toys and trys to hold them in her fists. She likes to hold her silky blankets and chew on them a little. She is able to, and actually prefers to, fall asleep alone on her bed(bassinet). She sucks a paci for a few minutes until she replaces it with her thumb while she listens to a little musical stuffed lamb, then she falls asleep. I am so proud of her! (Incidentally, after spending the first 3 months of her life in the baby swing, she now hates it and screams when we put her in it! I think she wised up to our baby care tricks!)

6 comments:

heather said...

I can't believe she is already four months old! I'm so sad that I didn't get to come over that day and see her more! She looks so sweet in the picture.

DeeDee said...

She is so adorable!!!

KT said...

You may like the thumbsucking now but you'll rue the day when she is three years old and won't quit. And she has some weird stuff underneath the thumbnail that she won't let you get. Good luck!! She certainly is a pretty little thing!

Cindy said...

You better save for the orthodontist now...speaking from experience...I was a thumb sucker and had braces 2 times. She is precious and I love to see babies sleeping with their thumb in their mouth! :)

Cindy said...

You have been tagged. Check out my blog for details.

Noe Family said...

So crazy...I was gonna post pictures tonight of our 3 month old thumb sucker!! I actually heard him on the monitor last night about 2:30a.m sucking that thumb!!