Friday, February 01, 2008

tagged

It has taken me a few days to do this. I can't decide which list to do. It is pretty sad, but I could not think of many things that I did not expect myslef to be by 25. I think most people know my wierd and odd facts (I probably share way too many oddities about myself in daily conversation). Soooo. . . here goes with the list of. . .

5 places I want to see

1. Rome - the Coliseum and ruins, maybe a little Biblical tour too. I caught the Rome fever when I taught Julius Caesar, and then there is the movie Gladiator too. I think the tunnels and underground hiding places of Christians would be cool to see.
2. Pompeii - the Roman city destroyed my Mt Vesevius. I read about it in a Weekly Reader issue in 1st grade and have wanted to go there ever since. How cool to see 1st hand how an ancient civilation lived, and sad to see the tragic and unexpected mumified bodies and ash shadows on the walls.
3. The Palace of Versailles (again) - especially the gardens. I have been there twice already once with my Let's Start Talking team and then again the next summer with Neil. I would go again with Neil and I would like to spend a few days there taking guided tours of the royal apartments and wandering the gardens.
4. The Hamptons - I don't know why, I think it is because that is where the rich and famous party. Neil and I were actually planning our 10th anniversary trip for this summer there but then we realized that it is kind of cold and not really as tropical feeling as we would like so we nixed the idea.
5. Disney Land - the original in California. I have also been there twice. Once in college, and once with Neil, Neil's sis Mellissa, and husband Ben, Mitchell and Mark about 2 years ago. Yes, Mark was only 9 months old. I would like to take Mark now that he is older, but now we will probably wait until Megan is old enough to enjoy it too. Have you seen the commercial about Walt Disney's personal suite? That's where I want to stay!! I also saw a video once about all the characters and how each entrance and exit is exactly timed so you never see two Mickey's running around. There is an underground "city" under Disney Land to create the "Magic" with huge wardrobe and make up areas, laundry rooms and kitchens, and secret entrances. They showed a room with hundreds of Snow White costumes hanging in it. It was amazing. I would love to see the video again too!

I color coded the places with the color that each place makes me think of. Well, now you have wired facts and my list of 5 places!

I tag - Jessica H, Aubrey K, Laura W, Andrea N, and Jenny V.

I was tagged by Cindy and Leane. I hope it counts for both because I am not going to do it twice!

The Rules: Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 5 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. or Share the 5 top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list. or Share 5 things you never pictured being in your future when your were 25 years old. Tag a minimum of 5, maximum of 10 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. The tagees have a choice of which they want to do.

1 comment:

KT said...

I have been to Rome and the Palace of Versaille. You would LOVE them! We had to save our frequent flier miles for about 10 yrs but finally earned enough to fly free and stay in hotels for free. Maybe you can do that too!