Saturday, February 16, 2008

I went to bed at 10:30

I went to bed at 10:30 - with a stuffy nose and head ache.
At 12:30 Megan woke up to eat.
By 1:30 She was back in her bed and I in mine.
Some time later, Mitchell at my side of the bed, "I am hot, I want to turn on the fan."
Lovingly(yeah right), "I am not getting out of bed. Get in your bed and don't pull up the covers."
Neil takes him to the kitchen, there is some rustling(I think a drink is involved), low talking, and some crying.
Mitchell is in his bed and Neil in ours.
3:30 Mark needs a drink too. I get it because I am really still awake from Mitchell's visit and Megan coughing (Is she waking up to eat again??).
Mark is in his bed and I am in mine.
4:30 Megan is awake. She poops or toots loudly. Minimal crying. I might as well feed her now and then I can be assured of 3 hours of peace! Lights on, diaper change courtesy of Neil, and Megan is in our bed eating.
5:00 Megan in her bed and I in mine.
5:20 Megan is still blowing raspberries and talking. Mark at the side of my bed, "Mommy I brought duck." "Get in my bed (shut up, lay still, and sleep because I am soooo tired)"
6:15 Mark kicks me, slaps his hand in my face, rolls over, etc. "Neil! What time are you getting up? (Hopefully it is at 6:30 so you can take Mark to bed and I can stay in mine, so much for the three hours of peace! What? Not until 7:00?! Ugh, Mark get up!)" "Is it wake up time Mommy?" Many responces come to mind, none of them nice or appropriate to say to your 2 year old.
6:30 Mark is in his bed and I am in mine, but probably only for 30 minutes until 7 when Neil's alarm goes off and wakes up Megan so she can eat - again!
7:00 comes and Neil wakes, Megan does not. Ah maybe 30 minutes of sleep until Neil wakes me up to say goodbye.
7:00 to 9:00 is a blur (maybe there was some sleeping). There was a snooze alarm that I had to turn off. Neil has gone to work, Megan tooted and went back to sleep, Mitchell has joined me in bed wanting to watch TV ("Not in here, you can sleep with me or go to the living room"), Mark has visited and asked to eat some valentines chocolate ("Not until after breakfast, get in bed or play quietly, Mommy is not getting up yet.")
9:00 It may be safe to wake up now. No, I mean it may be safe to get out of bed now. Is it really waking up if there was no sleeping? Boy do I feel rested!

So, How did you sleep last night?

4 comments:

Chrissey said...

So sorry you didn't get much sleep last night! We've had a few nights like that...I'm just impressed you remembered all the times after not sleeping any!

Dana said...

Thanks for the vivid reminder of why we're not going for #3!!! That's just painful.

Mindy said...

OH, those nights are miserable!!!!
I don't feel so frustrated with mine now - at least I got a good chunk of sleep before all the antics! I too am impressed with your "time memory" that's way beyond my capability!

Karen said...

I laughed so hard at this post! Sorry to laugh at your misery, but the way you told it was hilarious. I just shared it with my sister who just had her first baby 5 weeks ago.