Tuesday, August 19, 2008

telemarketer intervention

I have decided there are not enough funny stories on our blog so here goes...

Mitchell has started answering our telephone. We have not really reviewed phone etiquite with him though. If a family member or friend happens to call things usually go fine. Last night and today I noticed he had replied "I think you have the wrong number," to a few calls. I asked him who they had asked for. He said "Jennifer?"



Random thoughts
(Maybe this can count for my tagging from Gina?)

-Will the rain ever stop?
-We are taking it easy for today and tomorrow morning to prepare for the start of Kindergarten.
-I cried this morning when I read Jessica H's blog about the start of school. I wondered if I have taught him enough to enter the school world.
-Today we had pigs in a blanket for lunch. (Hotdogs rolled up in biscuits.) We added pepperoni to spice it up a little! I made one with only pepperoni and stirng cheese. I thought it would be really cheesy and yummy. Nope! Really salty instead!
-Today I am trying not to yell or spank. Laura W. and I discussed how we feel that we yell at our kids too much over lunch yesterday (I mean lunch in the car, in the rain, outside of bouncin craze, with 3 kids crawling/eating in the back of the explorer. "Discussed over lunch" sounds so much more peaceful and sophisticated.
-Mark has been to time-out twice today, but has not been yelled at or spanked!
-Mark climbed up Megan's dresser and it fell over today. OK, yes I did yell then (I forgot). I had asked him to take some clothes to Megan's room and he was trying to put the clothes away in the right place. He started crying that he did not know the right place to put the clothes. I was angry and sad at the same time. He was fine. The dresser fell beside him not on him thank goodness. I was able to put the dresser back together which I was worried about since it was made of "really expensive pressed board and laminate".
-I watched the movie Atonement on Sunday afternoon and can't stop thinking about how depressing it was. Now I want to watch Definitely Maybe in hopes of cheering me up a little.
- I need to cut the boys' hair today so they don't look scraggly before school starts.
- I am starting a new job in September that I am both nervous and excited about. I am going to be the new music teacher at Sonshine School. Sada did such a good job and the kids loved her. I am not sure I can fill her shoes. I think as long as I have a little music note stamp to give them at the end of the class they will like me.
-My kids (Yes, all 3 of then) are playing amazingly well today without me! That is a first because Mark is ususlly glued to my side. That is how I have been able to post so much!
-Mark is wearing underwear today and has not had any accidents. Actually both boys are only wearing underwear today.
- I read the thing about pictures on Dustin's blog and watched the video and did not understand a single part of it! I feel kind of stupid.
- I told Mark something he did today was stupid and Mitchell heard me and repeated it!
- I got up early (before my kids dragged me out of bed) this morning and cleaned my closet (put away clean laundry, sorted out the dirty laundry, re-stacked some things, and sorted out donatable clothes) before they woke up.
- The cleaning led to laundry, which is in the dryer, that I was intending to watch closely and remove while it was still hot because it is all dress clothes and I did not want to iron it! I guess I will be ironing because it finished drying about 2 hours ago! Oops! I guess I will go now and get to that laundry!


Well, that is all the rambling I will do today! I feel so much lighter having unburdened myself to all of you out there in blog land! Thanks for listening Seattle.


-Update - Mark is currently in time-out for the third time now today! He and Mitchell were going to do stamps. I thought what a great idea you can continue playing well together without me! My first clue to remove myself from the computer was, "Mommy we can't find the ink pad". They got markers instead to color the stamps and then stamp them. A fine idea. The real sentence that made me get up from the computer, "Mommy, It is an emergency! (It is always an emergency.) Mark colored on himself and the couch!" Yes he did, and it won't come out! Ugh! All this while I was typing the bit about the laundry and signing off! Amazing how fast things change! I think he may have even just wet his pants in time-out! Cool!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

I don't know if you remember Randy's sermon from Sunday but, the verse, "Rejoice for this is the day the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it" was the theme. I sometimes find myself laughing sarcastically and quoting that verse in my head. Like, "God, how am I supposed to rejoice and be glad in THIS?"

Fun times!

Chrissey said...

That's funny...I remember the day we were over there and Mitchell came inside and said "mom, it's an emergency" and you said "is it REALLY?" and he said..."well...not really, but...". It CRACKED me up! He really should stick with the drama stuff...he's good at it!

jessica said...

Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes.

heather said...

Wish I could've been there to "discuss" yelling and spanking (or anything really) w/ you girls, although adding my two kiddos to the car would've made it that much more "sophisticated". I enjoy your funny, realistic posts, they help me keep perspective-- keep 'em coming. Good luck with the new job--you'll do great!