Tuesday, January 31, 2006

cookie night



Mitchell and I made peanut butter cookies tonight. Neil was at work and we had time and peanut butter to spare! I read the recipe to him, and he helped me step by step by counting spoonfuls, dumping spoons and cups of ingredients in, and stirring. Tonight we even used power tools! The electric mixer! He helped me put the criss-crosses in the top, but he really only smashed the cookies in half and dug up cookie dough to eat off his fork. We can't share our baked goods with friends at this stage due to the lack of restraint when it comes to licking forks and then using them again, or grabbing a handful of dough with slimy hands and insisting that that cookie be put on the pan! Mitchell found the sprinkles and really wanted to add them. I have seen very few peanut butter cookies with sprinkles, but I think they look pretty good! They tasted pretty good too! Of course we worked on the finer part of baking, licking the beaters!

1 comment:

Noe Family said...

Matt and I were just saying that your little boys are precious! It doesn't seem like Mitchell wears his glasses much anymore. It sounds like you have your hands full with Mark! We have really enjoyed reading your blog lately. Thanks for checking up on ours too.