Saturday, August 19, 2006

sock puppets


Last week Mitchell came up with the idea to make sock puppets. We had just read If You Give a Moose a Muffin where the moose makes sock puppets. I thought it would be more fun to make puppets with a friend, so I invited Molly and Kim over. We read the book on Tuesday, but did not get together with Molly until Friday. It was a long week trying to fend off frequent daily requests for sock puppets. We had to go somewhere everyday last week to keep Mitchell's mind off them. Finally it was Friday and Molly and Kim came over. It was their first time to play together so they were more interested in playing than sitting down for a craft! Kim and I had to strongly suggest (force) them to come inside to make the puppets. They did well at first, but quickly moved on to playing something else or watching TV, I don't know what. Never trust the attention span of 3 year olds! Kim and I ended up finishing them and they looked pretty good! The pictures don't really show our artistic talent. Again, I think it has to do with being three and never sitting still!


No comments: