Wednesday, February 14, 2007

new curtains

This has nothing to do with Valentine's Day, but I have been meaning to put the pics of the latest decorating project that has been completed in the Roberts home, and I finally have time today.

This is our master bedroom. I feel kind of creepy putting pics of our personal space for all to see, but, I designed and made the curtains myself to match the bedspread, which I purchased, so I am pretty proud of them. I had a post this summer about a rude fabric guy who explained that manufactured products will never match the current fabric selections due to the fact that manufacturing takes a year or two to get the product out to market so the fabric used is "old". So, I had quite an interesting time finding fabric to match the "old" bedspread that I had just purchased! Here are the results!



Below is the bedroom when we purchased the house.
Tarheel blue is what we called it!

2 comments:

Noe Family said...

Beautiful work Jeny! Maybe when we finally find a house, I'll hire you to "custom make" my curtains, ha ha! I'll tell ya, if our bedroom had been TarHeel blue, my Duke husband never would've bought it. You know that I'm sure!

Cindy said...

Those are beautiful. I wish I had the creativity you have. How long did it take you to complete? I am having a hard time finding bedroom bedding, etc. for Madison and I don't want characters. I might have to design something myself. Great work.