Friday, July 20, 2007

reader poll

I have a question for all of you out there. I am trying to get some things prepared for our new child and am thinking of making unisex bedding. I have found my favorite, but Neil thinks that it is too feminine to be male bedding if that is what such offspring should be. He suggested that I take a swatch and ask at least 3 men from our church class to see what they think. Well, I am not that brave to ask our male friends sewing and decorating questions! So I will put it out there for all of you to see. I expect mostly female responses, but men, I know some of you are dedicated bloggers, so this is your non-confrontational way to express your opinion! We would love your input on our debate.

Here is the fabric. It would be paired with a matching stripe fabric. The walls would be a matching tan color. To make the room masculine we would play up the tan and blue and add a darker brown to the room's decor. To make it feminine we would play up the blue and white and go with a "shabby chic" type theme. Let me know what you think!

6 comments:

The Williams said...

I love it. James and I think it would be fine for either sex. Good Luck.

Mandy said...

My 1st impression was girl. However, once I read the details of how you would decorate I think it could work. But my 1st impression was girl.

KT said...

Well, I kind of think it is more feminine but if you used more stripes and only the paisley as an accent or something, then it would definitely be more masculine. Sorry, probably not what you were looking for! But Quin's room was way masculine b/c I thought she was going to be a boy. What do I know?

Mindy said...

I agree that making the paisley an accent and leaning more toward the stripes and blues/browns will help make it more masculine. I think it is really nice looking (I would say pretty, but that's NOT what we are going for here - ha) Let us know what you decide to do!

Cindy said...

First impression was girl. However, I don't have an eye for this kind of stuff. I have seen some of your other work and no doubt it will be fabulous for either gender.

Noe Family said...

Matt said it's on the VERY edge of being girly. Said it could probably pass if you put those other "guy" colors in with it. I agree:-)