Saturday, November 19, 2005

fun activities

This week was filled with quite a few fun activities. All of which I do not have pictures of but really wanted to share. On Tuesday, the ladies at church hosted "A taste of Homewoood" to celebrate the release of the new church cook book. Everyone made and brought one dish that they had submitted for the cookbook. The food was great! How cool! I usually only use the recipes of people I know, so this was a great way to expand the use of my book. Also sometimes you read a recipe and go, yeah right, that sounds awful! My favorite was Mountain Dew Apple Dumpling! The ladies here are so good at making occasions "special". I am sure it is a "suthern thang dawlin"! There were small table clothed tables with center pieces and candle light to gather your friends around and a few "table scapes" of fully decorated tables for holiday decorating ideas! I felt like I had had a wonderfully special girls night out! The night out feeling was quite unexpected due to the fact that Neil was working Tuesday night and I had to bring the boys with me. Nothing new really, I drag them everywhere by myself, but I got smart/brave/fed up this time and asked a friend's high school daughters to watch them in the nursery while I dined! I had such a good time!

Another fun thing this week was Mitchell's 1st Thanksgiving party at preschool! They made stew and the parents got to come and see the fun fall things they had been making! His favorite is a macaroni necklace! He is still wearing it around! I have one or two pictures to add when I get them developed.


Friday night Neil and I went to a fondue party at our preacher's house! We took the boys to a friend's house! What a treat, an evening alone! By alone I mean without having to chase a child, or feed a child! We had planned on going on a real date but the party came up instead. I only ate one piece of fondue cooked meat. I stayed very near the "heavy hors d'oeuvres " table, it required less work and provided instant gratification! Another highlight was the chocolate fountain! Yes, you read that right! A fountain of chocolate accompanied by strawberries, pound cake, and marshmallows! Wow! good stuff!

Busy week! And as it worked out free babysitting! What could be better?

No comments: