Monday, November 14, 2005

leaf rain



Thursday Neil was raking the back yard when we came home from the store , and Mitchell begged and cried, literally, to go and rake with daddy. So after the crying fit, Neil graciously took Mitchell outside even though he was really finished raking! Who can resist a pile of leaves? And what mommy can resist pictures of their cuties playing in them? I was slow at getting the camera ready so by the time I could get a picture, Mitchell had lost interest. I had to bribe him with candy to go back to the leaf pile and throw leaves so I could get a picture! All the while Mark was lying in the middle of the floor crying because it was time for him to eat! The question is, "Was it worth it?" Of course! Crying babies and candy bribes are a normal part of every day. My philosophy? A little crying won't hurt anyone and we would have eaten candy anyway, so why not get a cute picture? Oh! and Neil was quite dismayed after working so hard to clear the lawn for it to be completely covered again by Sunday! Such is Alabama in the fall! We love seeing the trees change colors and the leaves fall. We even love the really loud sound of nuts falling and rolling down our roof! Ah Nuts!!!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Okay, so I am still catching up on your blog. Really I am not stalking you...
It's nice that someone I know understands the whole leafy yard thing. I spent about 3 hours doing our lawn (to keep up with base housing standards). A storm came through the next day and we had even more leaves and pine needles than when I started. The trees are pretty, but they gotta go.
I love how Neil is in true southern November fashion....shorts and a t-shirt!!