Wednesday, December 14, 2005

my birthday!

Today is my birthday. I am now 29! Yikes! I am not doing anything this morning in honor of the occasion! I mean I am sitting at home relaxing as my birthday treat! A friend came and picked up Mitchell to take him to visit her daughter's school for lunch and Mark is sleeping! It is shaping up to be the perfect day to relax! Except for this afternoon when I have to take Mark to the Dr for his 3rd and final antibiotic shot! It is the last effort to clear up his ear infection before we get referred to the ENT. Neil says tubes are next, so pray that these shots do the trick. Or in faithful terms, pray for God's healing! Tonight the boys and I are going to church; Neil will be working. I have chorus practice for the Christmas program that our church is hosting. It is Monday night and I think it will be really nice! I will be my first chorus performance in a few years so I am looking forward to it!

For my birthday my sister bought me a really cute new shrug sweater and two new necklaces that are really cool! Neil surprised me with a pair of shoes that I have been wanting for forever! Yesterday we went out to dinner with a friend whose birthday was Monday.

I hosted a Christmas party at our house yesterday for the Bible study group of medical school and residency wives that I am a part of. We ate lots of great "brunchy" food and talked. There were several small children there, 4 under the age of 1 and one 2 year old. Mitchell was at school, thank goodness, or we would have had a really crazy time! Here is our group picture!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday! I am so glad I found your blog! I hope Mark's ears get better, but, now I know tubes aren't that bad! We will keep your family in our prayers. Thanks for the prayers last week! 29 and holding! -Audrey

Paul said...

Nice to see another blog in the Bham area. (I live in Pleasant Grove, used to live in Edmond several years ago).